Now our personal Mobile Banking customers can deposit checks without ever coming into the bank!
Mobile Deposit Basics:
- You must have an active Eastern Michigan Bank Online Banking account
- You must have previously logged into our Mobile Banking app
- Mobile Deposit can be used with either a checking or savings account
- Checks deposited by 4:00 p.m. will usually be available the next business day. Holds may apply in some situations.
How Do I Get Mobile Deposit?
You can enroll in Mobile Deposit one of two ways:
- Log into your Online Banking account and request Mobile Deposit using the secure Contact Us form. (You must login to Online Banking through our website -- Mobile Deposit requests cannot be made using our Mobile Banking app.)
- Contact your local branch.
Once you are enrolled, a tab labelled Deposits will appear the next time you login to your Mobile Banking app.
***IMPORTANT: If you are making your request through Online Banking, please let us know which accounts you would like to be able to send your deposits to.***
How Do I Use Mobile Deposit?
- In the endorsement area on the back of the check you are depositing, sign your name exactly as it appears on the Pay To The Order Of line on the front.
- Below your signature, print For Mobile Deposit Only on one line and Eastern Michigan Bank on the next.
- Log into your Eastern Michigan Bank Mobile Banking app.
- Click on the Deposits tab, then select Deposit a Check.
- Click Check Front. This will activate your device’s camera.
- Center the entire check within the outlines shown on the screen. Make sure that the picture is clear, well lit and taken from above the check. Click the button on your device to take a picture.
- An image of the check will appear. If the picture is clear, click Use. If it is not clear, click Retake and take another picture of the check.
- Turn the check over, then click Check Back. This will activate your device’s camera.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7.
- In the Check Amount field, enter the numerical value of the check you are trying to deposit (only one check may be deposited at a time).
- From the Deposit to Account drop-down, select the account you would like to credit, then click Deposit.
- You will receive a Deposit Confirmation message, displaying the details of the deposit. Click Close if you are finished or Deposit Another Check if you are not.
What Do I Do With My Check?
Hang onto your check for at least 30 days from the date you sent it to us for deposit. After 30 days, write VOID on the front of the check and destroy it. Before the 30 days are up, verify the deposit was credited to your account.
- Never attempt to re-deposit a check, either using Mobile Deposit or by any other means.
- If we have a question about your deposit, we may ask you to provide us with the original check for inspection.
- Eastern Michigan Bank reserves the right to impose limits on the amount(s) and/or number of deposits that you may transmit using Mobile Deposit and to modify those limits from time to time.
- Money orders or international checks cannot be deposited using Mobile Deposit